SCOTT KEVILL RELEASES GAMERANGER 1.0.1
Perth, Western Australia -- February 21, 2000 -- Scott Kevill today announced the release of GameRanger 1.0.1, an update to the Macintosh multiplayer online gaming service.
What's New in 1.0.1?
- Enhanced the Quake 3 plug-in for additional hosting options and server filtering
- Game room open and close messages now include the game name
- Names are drawn in condensed-type when too wide to fit in a column
- Removed the ability to Ignore yourself
- Fixed a problem preventing saving on quit. This was, in turn, preventing window positions to be saved and the Settings file from being compacted
- Fixed a rare case of crashing on quit
GameRanger was first introduced for public beta testing in July 1999 with support for 11 game titles, and had already received many rave reviews, including an award of "Best Internet Gaming Achievement" by Macworld Magazine in their 1999 Hall of Fame. GameRanger now has over 18,000 members and support for 33 popular game titles.
GameRanger is available as a free download, at <https://www.GameRanger.com>.
# # #